Monday, April 6, 2009

A Day of National Preparation

Sunday March 4, 2009 was our National Consultation day! All titleholders were scheduled to meet early in the morning (7:30..oh so early) to discuss preparations for nationals and the appearances we are scheduled to make throughout the year.

My Massachusetts sister Queen, Jen Maloney-Miss MA ANTSO National Miss 2009 and I decided a 5 am commute might be a bit hard on us, and we decided to head to Merrimack on Saturday for a night of pageant-girl-bonding and relaxation :) We had a blast! I am so happy to have her in this with me. Whether we are getting lost trying to find a Texas Roadhouse (yep), trying to determine if we have a broken toilet (suspect so), or dashing back and forth between room 220 and 222 after we blew a fuse blow drying our hair at 6 am (better believe it!) we manage to have a great time with lasting memories. And....drum roll please....we are rooming together at nationals...so we are guaranteed to have a blast no matter the outcome!!!!

National Preparation Day was a lot of fun. Once again I had a great time bonding with the younger girls (who I swear look the same age as me) and had the opportunity to hear more exciting stories about last year's national competition. Last year's MA ANSTO Miss is now a member of the NH-MA board and shared her national experience with us along with several tips to ensure that every experience becomes a fond memory.

We had a fabulous seasonal photoshoot (courtesy of Pat Corlin) and in between shoots, I had the chance to chat with more experienced contestants about advertisement sales and fundraising initiatives. They were very helpful, and I drove home this weekend armed with a collection of great ideas to add to my fundraising plans and am eager to test them out! (hint hint).

That's all for now, but be sure to look for me at the Dover Arena Home Show on the 25th and 26th--I'll be there signing autographs, fundraising for nationals, and handing out information on next year's pageant.

Love always,
Erika Lehman
2009 Miss New Hampshire ANTSO National Miss

No comments:

Post a Comment