Monday, April 20, 2009

Lee USA Speedway Governor's Cup

Lexa and I with a new fan!

Kayla, Christie, Amanda, Lexa (NH Teen), and I



Yesterday we had our first appearance at Lee USA Speedway for the annual Governor's Cup Race. New Hampshire/Massachusettes National Teenager program has an ongoing appearance contract with Lee USA Speedway, and I will be serving as a trophy presenter throughout my year of service as Miss NH ANTSO Miss 2009. I was selected to present the trophy to Jimmy Renfrew, the winner of the 20 lap Hobby Stock Feature Race.
While not presenting trophies to the winners, titleholders and members of the NH/MA ANTSO Board operated an information/autograph signing table at the main entrance to the speedway. We met many cute children and race enthusiasts who were thrilled to meet us and learn a little more about the program. Lexa Donnely and I also had the pleasure of meeting a young up-and coming winner from UNH (his dad thought this was pretty exciting as well!)

I had never been to a racetrack of any kind, let alone a speedway, so this was definitely a new and exciting experience! It is very loud and fast paced...races go by in a matter of minutes provided there are no accidents or occurences to halt the proceedings of the race. I also had no idea that racecars had to warm up. Just like running, biking, and me attempting to do Accounting homework, racecars need a signifant of time to warm up and prepare for an upcoming race...they are still pretty fast however, and I don't think I would even be able to handle the speeds reached in these warm up laps!

Thank you Lee Speedway for providing me with this opportunity. I had a great time and am looking forward to my upcoming solo appearances!

No comments:

Post a Comment